Thursday 17 July 2014

Weekly roundup

Hello all.

As part of my Prospective parliamentary duties,  from the end of July I'll be doing a weekly roundup of what I'm doing.  It will have information about our campaigns in Yeovil and South Somerset, people who I've met, and opportunities for everyone to get involved.

Before I start the weekly round up I did want to highlight two events that I have attended in the last 8 weeks or so.  The first was an evening of political cabaret from Banner Theatre. Presented by Yeovil Trades Council. http://www.yeoviltuc.org.uk/?may-day-event-2014-banner-theatre.,54  it was a cracking night and was presented to mark May Day Why - International Workers’ Day.


The second, also organised by the Yeovil Trades Council, along with the unite union yeovil and west Dorset community group, was the 'Dealing with Austerity in Yeovil' public forum.  We had many presentations from a diverse range of organisations including the Citizens' Advice Bureau, the Lord's Larder (food bank), Midwest European Communities Association (MECA), Morton Eaves Ltd, and the Unite and Unison trade unions. There was also be speakers on student issues, cuts to local bus services, and an amazing personal account of how the Work Capability Assessments are affecting people.

So. Weekly round ups to follow

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment