Monday 24 November 2014

Standing Down

Last week I had to take a difficult decision to stand down as our parliamentary candidate in the Yeovil constituency.

Many of you who know me will be aware of the accident I had last year where I did some damage to my back. 

Following a visit to Hospital last week I have had to make a decision about my health, which with the recovery time following an operation early next year would take me out if the campaign for two months, slap bang in the middle of the election period.

This would not be fair to the activists in the party, and the constituents of Yeovil and South Somerset.

I want to thank the party members who have worked with me in the campaign so far, and wish them the best of luck seeking a replacement.

Martin

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry to hear that you have had to make that decision Martin but your health definitely comes first. Best wishes for a full recovery
    Andy

    ReplyDelete